An-tiss-i-pay-ay-shun...

I'm going to visit here!

So – I’m going on a trip later this month. Yep – I am actually going to leave my home, fly on a jet plane, and spend a week far from my comfort zone.

I was the kid who mostly had to call my mom to pick me up from the slumber parties. I made it all night a couple of times. But mostly, not – and mostly, I avoided accepting such invitations. I was so attached to my family that I would torture myself thinking of my empty place at the table and how much they must miss me. (Ha! I’m pretty sure I was the only one suffering over that image!) I did not learn how to be secure away from my safe zone.

And I still struggle with that. But I have made great strides, and even have found myself enjoying my forays into the wider world.

Lately, though, I’ve noticed that it’s been easier and easier to abandon any plans for travel. It was time, once again, to push myself out of my comfort zone.

The Farmer has meetings in Knoxville, TN – a place I have been once before, and wanted to return to. We had contemplated extending his trip so I could join and we could explore. However, since the meetings were late in March, it was uncertain whether The Farmer could take the time away from the work of the growing season. His doubt caused me to quickly demur and encourage him to go for a short trip without me.

Secretly, I felt relief along with my disappointment.

The Farmer, graciously and wisely, decided we should make the most of the opportunity, growing season or not. And so, we are going.

Despite my previous reluctance to plan to travel, I am finding myself quite delighted to go!

And I am currently obsessed with finding the perfect luggage and travel accessories for the trip. I realize that my obsession with this is likely an outgrowth of desiring to create a traveling safe zone that has everything I need with me at all times…But I am having so much fun with it!


I can only hope that the trip is as much fun as the anticipation!

Comments

Popular Posts