My Boomerang has landed...

...just where he launched from -- as good boomerangs do! Yes, our Jess is back at home, and the nest is not empty for the time being.

And it's not what you are thinking...He is NOT some shiftless, apathetic, hedonistic Gen X'er...using his money for entertaining himself until its gone and he needs to be bailed out...

Nope it's because he's chosen to pursue politics...He loves it. He wants to do his work behind the scenes.  His history degree has convinced him that we don't want to repeat it, and he wants to be part of the effort to preserve liberty, and this grand experiment that is the United States.

And this means, he wants to be in the Other Washington...and as soon as his tasks in this election in This Washington are accomplished (that would be on Election Day...), he'll be looking eastward.

So when your lease is up, you ask to move home...and because we love him, we said yes...

And because we know he will not stay forever...We're starting to like the empty nest...

Soon he'll be too far away, in my estimation, so I'll do my best to enjoy the days he is in the nest again.

Welcome back, kid!



Comments

jkluginbill said…
Such a sweet mama! I'm sure you'll enjoy having him home. My mom always let us come back and would again without question. It's what mom's (and dad's) do. I can't wait for Archer to come back (I know he hasn't left but I can already tell that I'll want him back after he leaves...just sayin')!
Tami said…
Enjoy your time. And be sure to sit down and watch the movie, 'Failure to Launch'. Not a lot of plot but some funny moments.

Popular Posts