Wednesday, June 8, 2011

That's great...That's JUST great...


I've been telling people that we are not expecting a good year for the raspberries, what with our endless winter and all. In fact, just today I responded to a query as to whether the crop looked promising with a strong "nope"...

So tonight at dinner, at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican place, The Farmer gets asked the same question:  "How are the berries doing?"

His answer: "Good! They're coming along, doing well!"

What? They're doing what????

When did THIS happen?

I've been mentally preparing myself for a harvest that was worse than last year's non-stellar crop, and now I hear that it might not happen? And I'm going to have to go back and tell all the people I've talked to that I was wrong...the berries are okay?

Great...just great...Just when you think you've got the whole roller coaster thing figured out, suddenly there's a new thrill to experience...We might just have a good year.

I'm not sure I can handle it...

But I will summon all my powers of flexibility and do my best to rise to the occasion.

My apologies to all those to whom I unwittingly lied...and to you, dear raspberries, for my shocking lack of faith in your abilities to come back.

Just don't make me into a liar again, okay?

3 comments:

Janice said...

It's kind of like when you drop your kids off at someones house and tell them to watch for these "problems" with your children - and they behave like angels!!! Little Scoundrels - always making liars of us ;)

berrymama said...

Enjoyed your comments!!! The Farmer here is always optimistic!!! Have been having a lot of questions asked of me lately too--I love to skirt them..."Oh the weather is perfect for them today!" "They are really starting to bloom!" "It won't be great, but should be ok" I mean anything has to better than that soft fruit we had last year!!! Lots of time to get ready this year!!
Let's Pray for a decent year!!

Sole Obsession Footwear said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear raspberries will be alive and well this year. Thanks for the uplifting news.

About Me

Needing an outlet for various thoughts rattling in my head, I've created two blogs -- One about my real life (leslieisverbose.blogspot.com) and one where I can vent. (leslievents.blogspot.com)