Random shots of the week...

Perennials blooming...

The garden has made a jump in progress...

Some of the neighbors say good morning...

Cowboy cooking crew...

Cowboy Breakfast eating crew...

Sadie is spending the summer at Grandpa Likkel's horse pasture, which makes it so easy for Cait to ride her over for a visit. Being at the Likkel's gives her lots of options for summer rides out in the fields.


She was pretty nervous about those berry machines, and the clean-up spraying that was going on...

Daisie was so curious and enamored of Sadie! She couldn't get enough of her, and even hopped down into her "play bow" as if to invite Sadie to join in. It reminded us that Daisie didn't grow up with a horse around...She's met them before, but she was much more excited about Sadie than the other encounters...Well, until Saide spooked at the machines, and bumped into Daisie...That put some distance between them.

And finally, a shot of Dillon, helping me to test my theory on the source of "Little Dog Syndrome". Most little dogs do not think they are little dogs, and usually feel inclined to prove that. {Case in point: Olive Oyl Honcoop} I suspect that it is because little dogs can be picked up so easily...and treated like babies...and be constricted by your physical possession. As a result, they feel slighted, and that's where the chip on the shoulder comes in. Big dogs don't have that, because no one picks them up.

So Dillon picked up Daisie to test the theory...

Oh, the caninity! The shame and embarrassment is plain on her face...She won't look you in the eye...and note the claws on the shoulder...passive objection. Oh, the indignity!

Daisie, I think you have proved my point.

Not that I'm going to stop picking up Olive...If I could I would pick up Daisie too. I just intend to be a little more gracious in my attitude toward her attitude.

So many kinds of research go on here at Randy Honcoop Farm...

Comments

Popular Posts