The Farmer is Back and Other Stuff...


The Farmer returned home last Friday. He woke that day in DC, and by mid-afternoon, he was spraying lime sulfur on his berry field in Washington State.

I’m a hick…I just always think that is so weird in an amazing kind of way.

Once he returns, I always feel like someone turned the security system back on and I can sleep without having to listen for troublesome noises. This is somewhat ironic because even when The Farmer is here, I would likely have to wake him to let him know there are troublesome noises. And usually a troublesome noise can be explained away by him, and he rolls over and goes to sleep…So why I sleep better when he is here is fairly illogical…As is not sleeping well while he is gone.

Whatever – It’s nice to sleep well, however illogical. And it’s nice to have The Farmer back, and he is very happy about it too -- especially when he returned to beautiful sunshine and could immediately get to work.

I should say, as well, that he had a great time in DC…successful meetings, though I won’t go into detail about funding mechanisms, and such because it is all mind-boggling how requests to lawmakers actually become tangible research projects. Suffice to say, they made progress. He also had some great times in farming conversations with the rest of the group, and even had an interesting evening at the pub, where he had a respectful interaction with a few fellas of a much more liberal persuasion. I think that was his favorite part!

Never thought there would be a day that I would be hearing a story like that from him…

 While he was gone, I had plans to scrapbook with my new digital skills, but first I spent a day babysitting this guy…
 

Oh the baby fun! Corson is five months old, and so sweet, with personality beginning to pop! It was wonderful!

But, it was also the day that my friend Sharice called with very bad news. The repair that had been done to her heart a year and a half earlier (to fix an aneurysm) was leaking, and emergency surgery was necessary. This was so scary! She went down to UW hospital that night. Because she was stable, they were able to take some time investigating and preparing for surgery, which finally happened on Friday. They had to do the repair all over again, so this brave woman has to face another long recovery just 1 ½ year after the first. She’s a trooper…Her attitude and courage is an example to me. She – and we – are grateful the problem could be fixed.

During that first surgery and recovery, I had filled in for her at the office of their truck repair business. So, suddenly, I am back in the truck repair world, trying to remember how to do her job. Thankfully, we had written it all down last time, and it’s coming back to me…I’m not a little amazed at that, I must say! Some days my brain operates more like a sieve, than a filing system…

You just never know what a week will bring.

In other news, we heard from my sister, Erin, and her husband, Larry, who are in South Africa…for a month…enjoying 3 different hunting safaris.

Never thought I’d write a sentence like that…

We were glad to hear that they were doing well, and enjoying themselves… And Larry had shot a warthog, a baboon, and some of those little antelope/deer-like creatures…And Erin had gotten a zebra…her fondest hope for this trip!

Never thought I’d be writing that either…

Apparently, getting a zebra is quite a feat – and my little sis did it…

I think I will put her on speed dial for when I hear troublesome noises.

Comments

now this was a full and diverse and very fun post to read! praying for your friend, her healing. and I know what you mean about sleeping better when the hubby is home. yup. nothing illogical about it. ;)

Popular Posts