Cleansed...


On Tuesday evening, my body scheduled a cleanse, without my knowledge or consent. It was a big surprise.

And not a welcome one. Doing a cleanse never sounded like anything I would enjoy. First, the things you have to consume to initiate the process are less than appealing. Second, the purging of the toxins doesn’t sound like an activity that is something to savor either. I know you’re supposed to feel so good after it’s all over, but it’s just a little too much like how you feel after you stop banging your head against a wall.

So I guess I can’t really blame my body for springing it on me. It’s not something I would do voluntarily. I prefer to trust that my body will let me know when there is a sufficient amount of toxins present to create a dangerous situation, and then just take care it.

Apparently, that’s what happened…Thanks, body, for saving me from further dangers. But I have to say, the process is pretty terrible. From the experience, I can only conclude that I must have been in grave danger, because my body took the whole thing pretty seriously.

And I’ll leave it at that.

It wasn’t over after the toxins were purged either. I felt totally wiped out…which is an unfortunate cliché, but it just keeps coming to mind. Yeesh! My body was purged of energy, and strength as well.

So I HAD to lie around and watch TV…which I found is a much more attractive activity when you really shouldn’t be doing it. When you are allowed to do it all day, it gets rather boring.

As my friend, Barb, says, being sick is a big waste of time.

Although, just like when you stop banging your head against the wall, you have a renewed appreciation for things that DON’T happen everyday. And chicken noodle soup and a piece of white toast become delicious fare instead of a desperation dinner. And sleeping in your bed, instead of lying on a bathroom floor, is something you don’t take for granted anymore…

…but probably not for long enough. So I suppose that an unanticipated, nasty, but short, involuntary cleanse has its benefits. I think a few things were purged out of my mind as well.

Perhaps my body really knows what it is doing!

Comments

Popular Posts