Current Situation...

Current situation:I never seem to have time to read this…

And last week, when I had 2 glorious days without any obligations, 2 glorious days that would be dedicated to catching up on life…I became ill and, instead, spent them on the couch or in bed.

I always wish for a day when I can lay around and watch TV as much as I want. Well, that’s what I had -- and it was a disappointment. However, I am relieved to know that my appetite for mindless entertainment is not insatiable. I would have been happy to read when I reached my limit of TV, but reading made me feel motion sick, as did watching the Olympics! Don’t watch skeleton when you are nauseated folks…not a cure or a distraction! I could not change the channel fast enough!

Glad to be feeling better this week and enjoying the winter return. Clear and cold with only a NE breeze! Crystal clear skies and mountain views for miles! Mt. Baker is so stunningly white!

Oh the glory of it!

We are happy for the berries. The low on our recording thermometer sits at 22 degrees. That will remind them to stay asleep.

I think my hydrangea and roses will have some burned leaves, and my potted hellebore is very sad. I think it will survive, though. And the daffodils are quite far up, but they seem to survive everything!
Sounds like a week more of winter-ish weather, and then I will have to concede to Spring and more outdoor chores…I noticed, before the cold returned, that the goats were starting to rub against the fences, ready to lose the winter coats…Another sure sign of Spring. Time to get the winter chores completed.

Looks like it’s imperative that I MAKE time to read that book…I guess the first test of it's value is if  I FINISH it! I'll let you know...





Comments

Popular Posts