Christmas 2019

I think I like Christmastime too much. I look forward to it all year, as I do Fall, which is the beginning of preparations for December. It’s not just Fall, its Getting-Ready-For-Christmas season!

This year I wondered if I’m becoming like those who live all year for their vacation and don’t enjoy their real life, because throughout December I worried that I wasn’t enjoying it enough…which made me enjoy it even less. When Christmas passed, I was a little bit relieved, and a lot regretful.

I did hear from a number of people that it seemed Christmas went by so fast…still a good time, but here and gone. I suppose that the late date of Thanksgiving contributed to that. So I wasn’t alone, but I have to admit that my expectations could be a bit out of line with what is humanly possible… And put too much pressure on a few short weeks that can be lots of fun but shouldn’t be the measure of a good or not good year. Time to temper my expectations so that there is not so far to fall; there’s no pinnacle to reach, just a nice bump in the enjoyment of life as it comes.

Will you remind me of this next October?

Thank you…now here are a few images from my imperfectly good Christmas.

Christmas programs!

Extended family parties!

Creating gifts!

Fun with presents! Annie...

Allie...

Kit...

Emma!



Christmas Hats from Great Grandma Kay!

"Top o' the marnin' to ya!"



Great Grandma Kay reads Luke 2...tradition!

Allie loving her new baby!

Sisters...

...Sisters! (Sing it!)

The traditional hurried Christmas picture because only Mom wants to have it taken! ;)


Comments

Tami said…
Good stuff! Those granddaughters are so precious. Your family Christmas pic is heaps better than mine as I failed to insist it happen. I’m impressed that you made gifts and great ones too!

Popular Posts