I splurged...

It took a while because I had to research, and I had to save money...Of course, that took the longest.

And then I splurged...

But if you saved, is it still a splurge? What makes a splurge?

But I digress...as usual.

Anyway, I bought myself a fancy camera!
I just got tired of waiting for the Pioneer Woman to pick my comment from the 30,000 comments she gets when she gives away a camera...

And I chose a Pentax because the research yielded good results, and because I'm a sentimental girl. Back in The Olden Days, when The Farmer and I were dating, he bought me my first SLR, a Pentax K1000.

This is me (gosh! I was so young...and other things that I am not now...) taking my first picture with my dream camera...The Farmer pretty much won my heart with this gift...He knew I had a dream of writing and taking pictures to illustrate my writing...Sigh...wasn't that sweet! Of course, this was back in the day when I said, "What? You want me to drive a tractor without a cab for hours on end? I'll be right there!!! What kind of food do you want me to make for you and bring along?"

Ah, young love...

But I digress...and how!

So now, I have a Pentax again, and fortunately, on Tuesday I had my very photogenic great-nephew and great-niece to be my subjects!

Colby was learning how to hook up the little tractors and implements...It took patience & perseverance...

...but he did it! Yay!(Clap, clap, clap!)
 
Little Sister, Brielle was busy looking cute...

...and showing off how she can roll over!

Did you see that, Brother?

It's okay to gloat when you're so little! 


Colby was so obliging when I was snapping away that he crawled into the sis' shot for a duo picture.

And, of course, I always have Daisie to torture...


She's thrilled about it.
This is her, "Someone make it stop!" look.

Now I must admit that the quality of these photos is not appreciably better than what I've taken before...But considering that the first day the camera arrived all I could manage to figure out was how to turn it on, I've come a long way...

Besides, I'm only this far in the Operating Manual...

Better things to come!! (I hope...)

Comments

Ridgely said…
oGood for you, I'm living my dream through you...vicariously!
Tami said…
Now I'm sick. With camera envy...
I'm still hoping for PW's drawing to be me. Cuz she loves me more than her luggage.
Good luck and Congratulations! Are you going to read the instruction book? Or trial and error?
Or maybe read the book as a very last resort?
Les Hon said…
I'm reading the instruction book...it's even starting to make sense now...I'm hopeful.

Popular Posts