I been busy...

It's been a week since I've blogged......a WHOLE week!

I meant to do it sooner...but it didn't happen.

I been busy...

The Farmer is out of town, so goodbye to the constraints of cooking, and normally scheduled living! I did 2 shifts at the Museum. I spent a day Christmas shopping, and laying in supplies too. I got to have lunch with my dear friend. I went for dinner and movie with other dear friends and we laughed and laughed...I got kicked out my house when my son had an all-day Lord of the Rings Marathon.

And I decorated...

Oh, decorating...{sigh}

I formerly loved decorating...now I love HAVING DECORATED...

It's quite the ordeal.
First you have to take down all the Fall stuff..

...and usually clean a few things...

...Then climb in the closet and take out all the Christmas stuff...

And then there's all the decisions to make...
where, what, how, why????

Pretty soon, there's stuff EVERYWHERE...

But I persevered and eventually ended up with some Christmas spirit evident around the house.
A few glimpses...




But then you have to climb back in the closet to put all the boxes away...
My back hurts.
No tree yet...saving that for next week when The Farmer is back home.
Besides doing the tree AND the house would have put me over the edge...

To increase motivation to get the decorating completed, I invited my parents and siblings over to watch the Apple Cup. Imagine my surprise when I read the paper Saturday morning and found out it would not be broadcast on a channel that we receive...Hmmm...Somehow I didn't think the fam would be too excited about gathering around the radio to listen to the action... "Hey! Let's have a 'Vintage Football Party'!"
It wouldn't fly, I tell you...
Thankfully, Ma & Pa do receive the necessary satellite channel, and the party was moved to their house. (And it was an exciting game, and the Cougars did themselves proud! and the Huskies won! and we'll get to watch a Bowl game in the future!)

Today, I went to 8:30 service with Caitlin, and then helped her in the nursery. We had a baker's dozen of babies there, and it was busy and fun, and then one sweet little guy smiled at me and sneezed spit-up all over me...How do they always know the newbie?

Now I can admit that I am exhausted...I slept through a good part of the Seahawks game. Fortunately, I was awake for the 3rd quarter when they decided they DID know how to play football. That was worth seeing.

The only problem I have right now is this:


...a moping boxer...a "sadly, sadly" boxer...
She didn't get her W-A-L-K (don't say it if you don't mean it is the rule).
She won't even look at me, cruel woman that I am.
Daisie would maintain that I been TOO busy...
And I might just agree with her, if I hadn't had so much fun.
But The Boss comes back tonight, so life will be good again for Daisie, and back to normal for me.
And that sounds just fine...



Comments

Janice said…
First of all - you need more decorations!! I have 14 bins of goods - 2 of the bins hold fake trees and one is for garlands, but the rest - is goods! My sister in law was here yesterday and said "I thought I had decorated my house and then I come here" - I don't know - maybe I overdo :-) Love the glimpses of your christmas, thanks for sharing!
shelly said…
We have to spell W-A-L-K at our farm too...we also have to spell
O-U-T-S-I-D-E...otherwise there is a whole lotta whinin', cryin' and mopin'.
jkluginbill said…
Your house looks lovely! I'm in the "the boxes of Christmas decorations ARE decorations right?" mode right now. With my Troy gone I did nada! :)

I think and old-fashioned radio game would have been fine...I'm sure of it!
Tami said…
Decorating is an ordeal. I try to focus on getting it done and what comes next. That would be me laying on the sofa with a glass of wine, enjoying the lights on the tree.
Thanks for your help at the museum this week. It is fabulous to have you there!
Your place is looking good!
Les Hon said…
14 bins of decorations???

I would cry at the prospect...

(But I'm sure I would love what the house looks like! ;) )

I definitely like the "glass of wine after the ordeal" tradition...Must implement that one!

Popular Posts