Monday, September 19, 2011

A particularly productive day...

I've surprised myself. I accomplished a couple of sizable tasks -- and on a day which began with an outing! I got to have breakfast with a dear friend of mine from high school days...such fun! And usually after I've been out of the house, and had a bit of fun, I am useless for the rest of the day.

Perhaps my friend Karen's ambition and productivity rubbed off on me a little -- because I came home and...

...canned 18 quarts of peaches.

And I really don't like canning...but The Farmer loves canned peaches, and store-bought jars just don't cut it...So, after last year's peach debacle, I am trying it again.

I could have stopped right there and called it a good day, but something got into me and I decided that I wouldn't wait for The Farmer to have time to help me put together my new shelves for the garage...



...so I did it myself.



It was obviously necessary. The jumble was growing out of control.



It looks a little better now...a major re-organization is needed...and I love to re-organize!

But that's a project for another day.

After all this productivity, I was too tired to make dinner. Fortunately, Cait brought Chinese home...blessed girl! And now the jacuzzi is calling me, and I will answer -- because my back is feeling funny...in a hurty sort of way.

Don't expect much tomorrow.

Or the next day.

I can't seem to work hard more than one day in a row lately...Is this what happens after 50?

2 comments:

Janice said...

I toyed with canning peaches this year! I use to can 6 boxes worth every September! Poor Emily/last chile - she doesn't get to enjoy them like her brothers - even tho' the contractor likes them better - I failed!

Holly said...

You've lasted longer than me!!!! I think 45 was my cut off!!!! Canning's so much work, but isn't it nice to see those jars all lined up for the winter???
Love the couch!

About Me

Needing an outlet for various thoughts rattling in my head, I've created two blogs -- One about my real life (leslieisverbose.blogspot.com) and one where I can vent. (leslievents.blogspot.com)