I'm ready...


Last week, I used Facebook to gloat that I would be home for the whole day...the WHOLE blessed day!

Don't do that -- trust me.

Within an hour, I had to schedule an appointment for the dog to go to the vet due to a bleeding split toenail. Just after I got off the phone, Caitlin called to say that an RV had backed into her car in the grocery store parking lot, puncturing a hole in the door, and making large scrapes down the side. I went to help her. I came home to a phone message that my friend Sharice was back in the hospital with an emergency surgery, could I come back in to work the next day? (OF COURSE!) The day ended with a call from my niece wondering if they could come spend the weekend with us because their previously planned accomodations now housed barfing children...(OF COURSE!)

And so went my quiet day...

But it all turned out just fine. Daisie got her toe fixed. Caitlin's car is still drivable, and the guy who hit her did not have to be convinced that it was his fault. Sharice's surgery finally fixed her terrible leg pain, and we had a great weekend with our niece & nephew and their two little boys.

And despite all the busy-ness I have had this Christmas season, I am ready for the holiday!


I did a lot of shopping online and in Lynden, so there are presents under the tree!

I got my decorations up, with a few exceptions -- and those exceptions might stay that way. I don't miss the garlands that I have to fiddle with all season, or the lights on the staircase...It's still festive, and a LOT easier...


Even Daisie got decorated...


The only thing that hasn't been done is baking...as in ANY baking. Bless her heart, Caitlin made cut-out cookies, and for the small price of helping her frost them, I got to keep a bunch. I will still bake next week, but now no need to overdo...{smile}

Don't worry -- I"ll get over the baking thing.

The stockings are stuffed and ready...

...All that's left to do is Christmas Eve breakfast -- Yes, we're celebrating already tomorrow morning.

Then, turkey dinner for Christmas Day...

And all the time: remembering what it's all about...

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
--Charles Dickens

May Christmas be in your heart, and merry for all the right reasons!

Comments

Popular Posts