"Ask not for whom the bell tolls"...

I've chosen not to write of some of the sadnesses of the past few months, but another loss in our little town compels me to reveal a heavy heart.

It's been a winter of many losses: from the nonegenarians who represent the pillars of our community, to toddlers, teens, and babies born too soon...all gone too soon, by our estimation.

I believe God is in control. I believe all those I refer to are safe in His care -- but I admit I don't understand His choices nor His timing oftentimes...

Yesterday, a wonderful, middle-of-her-years woman was taken in an illness that ripped her from her family in a matter of hours...How could this happen? How could this husband, sons, and daughter now be left alone, without her gracious, wise, loving ways. The center of their world is gone...

And sorrow upon sorrow as their Grammie passed only days before...

Today our little town is full of heavy hearts for the sadness of people we love, respect and admire. It is hard to see any beauty in this situation, but it comforts my heart to see so many gather round this entire family in prayer, and love, and support -- holding on to them in their broken-heartedness.

All of us carry a little of the sorrow, the bell is tolling for us all...

Comments

Janice said…
Praying for Cheryl's family - how hard! Just another reminder that life is so precious and it can change in a moment!
I agree, I am not sure I understand His timing either, but I guess part of faith is knowing I'm not in control and His way is the BEST way!

Popular Posts