Oh my...

It was a melancholy week, what with all the sadness about town -- and the enduring winter-like rains thwarting our hopes of Spring, and our wish for warm sunshine to cheer us.

I spent too much of the time dithering about, hoping that I would suddenly feel better about life in general...which only made me feel worse.

Funny how that works.

In an effort to pick myself up and go on, I pressed on with one of my projects. One of my projects, dear to my heart, but so tedious that it seems endless.

Perhaps it wasn't a good choice.

I am nearly finished, though, and I want to finish -- to check it off the list -- so badly that I can taste it!  I have this compulsion about family history -- it must be kept. Our lives together must be documented and saved and on record! So, I currently have been scanning all our negatives from pre-digital camera days. The plan is to archive them somewhere safe, in case we need them...

Which likely we never will...and I HOPE we never will, but I will be ready just in case. I am choosing not to think about how many hours I have spent on this endeavor, and that the most likely return on investment will be solely the satisfaction that it's been done. I don't really know that if the house burns down, we will reprint the pictures. After all, my journaling documentation of our history is all in the photo albums, which would indeed burn if the house did...not to mention all my calendars from which, a few years ago, I reconstructed the years that I had not documented thus far.

(Especially the year I had 3 children, 3 and under...I believe I may have taken some artistic license in re-creating that one as it was pretty blurry...but I digress...big surprise.)

Come to think of it, I need to find a way to preserve those one-of-a-kind albums so they have back-up too...

I feel another tedious project coming on!

I need a new compulsion.

Comments

Popular Posts