That's a fine how-do-you-do!

This morning, Spring just came right out and thumbed her nose at my previous request.


Apparently, I did not ask nicely enough...My freshly mowed lawn was covered with snow. Our freshly fluffed dirt field was white. I thought I said "please" as in "please STAY" as in you are welcome here...

We are still on Planet Earth, aren't we? Where we supposedly have 4 seasons?

On the upside, Miss Madelyn was here today, and when we went outside for puppy duties, she exclaimed excitedly, "  'no, Auntie! 'no!"  (which being interpreted means, "Snow, Auntie! Snow!" though at first I thought she was echoing my sentiments, "NO!" about snow...) Anyway, it helps one's attitude to have a child want you share their excitement...And that was easier to do as the "no" was melting.




Miss Madelyn was her delightful little self, here playing her own version of The Car Game -- which is sooooo fun! She makes up the rules, and when I put a car in the wrong spot, she shakes her head and gently says, "No, Essie..."

Unfortunately, at the same time, puppy Olive was in a particularly manic state...Toddler, toys, manic puppy -- not a good mix. So, Olive gets to have a lot of crate time, which only heightens her mania when she is set free...

This was the kind of mood she was in -- when I tried to take her picture, she attacked my camera strap. She flew about the house, stealing toys, and security blankets, and jumping up on the coffee table where all the Fisher Price Little People were gathered in tidy rows waiting for their turns on the merry-go round. Daisie had to get very gruff with her, and Olive was in no mood to take that lying down -- and oh! the noisy wrestling that ensued! Oh! The endless reprimands, and Little People rescues...

Unexpectedly, our biggest challenge was the confusion that resulted from the overlap of a potty-training puppy and potty-training toddler in the same house. You would think the similarities would be a double win, with each encouraging the other. After all, treats were awarded for each successful effort. However, by the end of the day, I had Olive happy to go potty in the house, and Madelyn thinking she would prefer to go outside!

I'm not sure how that happened. I know for a fact that I never gave Madelyn a dog treat...because I was really careful about that. Maybe she just didn't know who I was talking to when we were outside and I was repeatedly saying "go potty"... I caught her before anything...uh...untoward happened...

I may never get to babysit again...

All in all, it must not have been traumatic for either one, as Madelyn basically declined her daddy's request to go home. She wanted to stay here... be still, my heart!

And Olive, then free to run about, ironically decided that she would now spend the rest of her day sleeping.
I must have a word with her about her schedule...

Comments

Popular Posts