Preparation Paralysis...

Thanksgiving is almost here!

Almost, but not quite...

I'm anticipating all there is to do with hosting the dinner for 26 family members this year, (and yes, I am bragging about how many I am feeding because back when I started this home-making gig, I could barely feed 2... I'm still kinda amazed about it myself!)

Anyway, I'm prepared, but paralyzed.

I've made lists, and lists of lists and organized and re-organized my thoughts and plans...It's just too soon to DO any of it!

Oh! I am so ready to take on this big task and accomplish it -- but if I start now, Thanksgiving will be a long line of people, waiting at the microwave to re-heat their dinner.

That just won't cut it.

So I wait -- and in the waiting I fear that my over-active mind will soon join the paralysis, and on the Day of Action, my anticipatory energy and clear thinking will have dribbled away into paralytic paranoia and incoherence...

Only my Lists will save me...

Excuse me, while I go make some more...

Oh -- and watch NCIS...It IS Tuesday.

Comments

Holly said…
Paralysis is in the air!!! Hope it all went off without a hitch and that a blessed day was had by all! On to Christmas!!

Popular Posts