So how did it get to be November?



I've noticed that the trees are starting to give up their leaves. We're almost to the point where the beauty of fall disappears into monochromatic winter gray. How did that happen?

It seems like it's been a leap from late summer to holiday time...and I'm feeling regretful because Fall is my favorite time of year. But I wasted a lot of it this year, spending all of September in some kind of a blue funk...A blue funk for which I kept trying to find a cause, and never really could. I finally decided to just act like I wasn't in a blue funk, and voila'! it helped! I think I shall deem that hormones were the cause -- because they are the cause of all things inexplicable...

Anyway, then October was a whirlwind of cleaning and painting, and new home excitement with Caitlin's move...and now it's November...A November in which I am a working girl! How strange for me!

My friend Sharice, who is the office manager of her husband's truck repair business, had a major heart surgery just 2 weeks ago, and will spend the next month recovering. In the meantime, I am trying to fill her shoes in the office. I go to work EVERY DAY (I don't know how you people do it!), and her husband Jon is getting to exercise patience as I try to learn truck terminology...It's weird stuff, people! Gladhands, and drag links, and stepped flywheels, and what all! And to make it even more challenging, they abbreviate the terms on the invoices. I tell you, I was relieved to find out that "assy" meant "assembly". I was beginning to wonder what kind of stuff is on these trucks! At least I don't have to know how the stuff works...most times, well -- sometimes, I can remember the terms, and that's all I need to know...get it on the bill, then send it out!

But I have to say that working EVERY DAY is really cutting into my Facebook time, and my coffee shop time, and TV watching, crafting, and just generally sitting around...Oh, yeah, and I still have to do housework! As I said, I don't know how you people do it -- and I admire you greatly, but I'm not interested in a career...

I'm spoiled...I know it, I know it well. And I will not complain about having to work EVERY DAY, because I am happy to do it, knowing that Sharice can rest every day, and get strong again...and not worry that her heart is going to do something drastic and dangerous. This makes me smile...

AND I should admit that going to work has made me more productive at home, and it's a bit of variety in my life, and I am enjoying the challenge of learning something new...I just hope when Sharice gets back she finds that I learned correctly, and that I didn't bill someone for a part that doesn't even exist...

(Last rose of the year...)

Comments

Tami said…
GO Les Go! I am so proud of you! Working. Everyday. Wow!

I'd like to add that the job is not only taking away FB time, coffee time but MUSEUM time. Miss you!

Popular Posts