So we went to Arizona...

...and it wasn't very warm there. Highest temps were in the 60's, so no reading my book by the pool with occassional dips to cool down. But the sun was shining most of the time, and we got fooled into thinking that when we came home it would be Spring.

Uh, not so much...

Nonetheless, I am glad to be home...because I always am, and I'm not a big fan of metropolitan Arizona. Seems like the main entertainment in AZ is to be hot, or go shopping. When it's not hot, that leaves shopping, of which I am a big fan, but can't do continually because of the financial consequences.

But that was the best part of my trip because: I got to go to Stein Mart for the first time in my life!! I've always wanted to since seeing their ads on TV...and they are as good as the ads portray. I bought myself some clothing that is suitable for enduring the special tropical moments that seem to come to me without warning. I didn't allow myself to look at the decor items because getting them home would be so problematic...but there was MUCH there to see...Oh, the missed opportunities!!We need to put a Stein Mart in the Delft Square building downtown...In a word: revitalization! It would be awesome! People would come from all around...

I don't know why the City Fathers don't ask me for ideas...

Anyway, the other fun part of our trip was spending time with the farmers and their wives and talking about the peculiarities of farm life...Not everybody gets the farming lifestyle when you talk about it, so it is always a welcome gabfest when we are gathered...And the Co-op board is just full of good people, fun people. I always look forward to spending time with them.

We stayed at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, which is a 40 acre, privately-owned resort that is beautiful! The grounds are meticulously kept, as are the rooms, and all the facilities. The staff is friendly and very accomodating. The family that owns and runs the resort has done so for 30 years -- and you can see they take pride in it. I would definitely stay there again.

At this point, it would be good if I had some pictures of this lovely location to show you ...but I don't. I must be in some kind of mid-winter mood because this is the only picture I took:
And aren't you glad I did! Everyone just loves to see a Mercedes with eyelashes...

I don't know what my problem was...We did see some lovely Arizona landscapes as we drove about the area -- tall Saguaros, medium size branchy tree cactus, little barrel cactus, and all manner of succulents...and some pretty spectacular homes...But I didn't take any pictures of those...

It's gonna be hard to scrapbook this trip with a single picture of an eyelashed Mercedes...I should at least  have taken a picture of Stein Mart! Oh well, with my current scrapbooking schedule, I won't be dealing with 2012 until sometime in 2014, so I have time to make stuff up...

Did I say that out loud?

Anyway, we are glad to be home again, despite the return to mid-winter. There was a package for me when I returned, and it's contents should go a long way in helping me with the wait for Spring.

Oh, Downton Abbey...how I love thee.

Witness my to-do list for Thursday. After a 1AM arrival at home, these were my plans:

As you can see, I accomplished each task...thanks to my DVR, my couch and my Keurig. I did miss them while I was gone...and Daisie, of course!

Today I should probably add a few things to the list, like laundry, and buying milk, and showering...and I better do it before I take a wrapper off those dvd's...because I am a Downton Abbey addict...

...who is very happy to be home.



Comments

Tami said…
Stein Mart? Who knew? I'll be watching for your mayoral campaign and finally...some good shopping in Delft Square. Pretty much brilliant!

I can watch Downton Abbey all day, over and over. I now have a DA board on pinterest. It's addicting.

Glad you're home, see you on Thursday!
berrymama said…
So glad you got away!!! The resort "sounds" very nice---I can't believe you left the camera packed....I'm sure you have some fun memories!!!
I'm ready to leave town...its so wet again.....I could get into this down south thing...someday!!!!
jkluginbill said…
It wasn't very warm for our trip to Las Vegas either. Darn desert! :)

I like your to do list. I did approximately those things yesterday as well. Today my boy asked nicely (aka demanded) that I buy some groceries...then I napped. :)

Glad you had a good trip. Sometimes taking less pics means you were just more "in the moment" and really living not documenting. (did that help?)

Popular Posts