A BUNCHA Projects!

Friday last, I intended to spend the morning sewing, something I haven't done for a long time. I had found a piece of fabric at the thrift store that was perfect to re-cover the faded denim and plaid pillows that had sweater covers on for winter. It was time to make them appropriate for the times.

Oh! I had so much fun...I just kept going and going...My intention included sewing til noon, and then an afternoon of yardwork. The sun was shining, and that opportunity should not be lost in April in this country.

But I couldn't stop...I kept finding more little projects to enjoy. The final death knell to my honorable intention came when Caitlin showed up...her afternoon free...and said, "Mom! You're SEWING?! I brought my sewing machine along to do that too!" Wonderful coincidence!

We spent the rest of the day, parked at opposite ends of the table, making happy messes around all the flat surfaces we could find. 

We don't look organized when we sew...


My accomplishments for the day included: My blue pattern barkcloth pillow covers, a pillow form, my Valentine fabric banners (missed that one, didn't I!), a spring banner...


...and this 1940's apron that still needs the bias tape around the edges.

Caitlin began putting together these adorable squares on her quilt project...Two down, 23 to go... A lot of work, but it's going to be a lovely quilt!

We're going to have Sewing Day again soon, and plan it so that Tiffany can join us. We all have more pillows to make and I'm ready for it.

I got a little carried away with the price per ounce savings on fiberfill, and ended up with a 10 pound roll...TEN pounds isn't much -- for weight -- but the volume is impressive...especially as it bloomed when I took it out of the box...

We should have enough of that for a while...That dastardly Amazon! You can find anything on there, and the deals? Oh! The deals...It's a problem.

So don't open any closet doors at my house without asking, okay?
There could be an explosion, or snowstorm, or something...

Comments

Tami said…
I am impressed! Darling banners, pretty pillows and aprons and quilts too. Very nice! I love how Caitlin just showed up to sew and you were busy sewing. Fun times!
Unknown said…
Looks eerily similar to our "diaper factory" and a good coupon at JoAnns...

Popular Posts