It's about time I posted a recipe...

...for raspberries, of course!

I got this recipe from my friend and neighbor, Carol Rinehart. She used to compete with our mutual friend and neighbor, Juella Vander Veen, to see who would make the first Royal Raspberry Cake of The Season. Juella has been in heaven for a few years now, and I have tried to take her place and try to beat Carol for the First Cake of The Season, but have not been not so good at it. This year Carol had already made 2 before I made one. Sorry, Juella! I will try harder!

Since my family likes this recipe more each year, I'm hoping to make up for my loss next year. This is a simple recipe, and oh-so-good! Great for breakfast, or dessert!

ROYAL RASPBERRY CAKE
2c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. butter
1T. baking powder
1c. sugar
1 egg, room temp
1c. milk, room temp
1t. vanilla

Mix all together.
Pour into greased 9 X 13.
Top with 3 1/2c. fresh raspberries.
Bake @ 350 degrees, 30-35 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes.
Top with glaze: 1 1/2c. pwd. sugar, 2T. cream, 1t. vanilla

Comments

The Kimmels said…
This is my favorite!!!

Popular Posts