Tuesday...

Oh, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Daisie and I enjoyed the sky on our morning walk...

 
Well, I guess I don't know if Daisie enjoyed the sky...but I know she enjoyed the wind. She always is so excited when it is windy...must be all the smells that come with it.
 
It really seemed like Fall this morning, with the wind blowing, and the cooler temperature...love it! But our friend Rufus, the Weatherman at the WeatherCafe, says that we have a couple more weeks of dry weather, mild temperatures and sun! It seems like the seasons don't come on time, and then won't leave...But who is going to complain about extra summer weather?!
 
I will say this: We've had so much nice weather that I am starting to get suspicious about the payback that I am sure is coming...We need to soak up the sunshine now. You know that there will come a time when we will forget what it is like...
 
Last night our tired Tough Mudder daughter came to hang out and "watch" Monday Night Football with us -- which she mostly did with her eyes closed. During the 4th quarter, I asked her if she wanted some ice cream. She roused enough to say "yes", but was asleep again when I asked the follow-up question about whether she wanted peaches on it. When I brought the bowl of ice cream to her, I said her name a number of times, increasing in volume...no response. Finally, I had to shake her AND speak loudly and she finally roused saying, "Wha, what?"
 
We made her eat that ice cream and scooted her out the door while she was still perked up from the cold. She's moving as slowly as someone I know who had double knee surgery recently! Caitlin's a Tough Mudder, but right now I think Grandma could beat her in a race. And Olive must be an extremely empathetic dog because she too was exhausted. She plopped in her little bed here, and soon was snoring with her head hanging awkwardly over the side. They matched.
 
And I think I'm telling you this because I just like to gloat that my prediction of extreme fatigue was correct. But did I say "Itoldyouso", nope, not me...
 
Okay, it's Town Tuesday and I am going to brave the wilds of Costco, and maybe The WalMart, but not without my hair done, so I better get going...and I should probably fortify myself with another cup of coffee. Costco is MY version of Tough Mudder...
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts