Wise words from the young...

First, let me say that I was able to avoid watching the Presidential Debate last night, and feel blessed by that. YAY for me! A little denial goes a long way...and I was glad to think about something other than the dire state of our country.

Better to think on these wise words from a young friend. Miss Kara is the daughter of dear friends, and wise for her years. Her aunt, my friend Heidi, posted Kara's advice on her blog and now I am sharing it with you. I can always count on Heidi's blog to be full of thought-provoking content as well. I love this family!!

Anyway, here is something more useful than debate zingers to ponder:

"Eliminate from your routine:
1. Any book, website, or television show that gets you thinking you'd be a lot happier if you could just have ____________;
2. Any food or drink that makes you feel sick after you consume it;
3. Any way of thinking that promotes you to favor ideas over people;
4. Any belief that causes you to see yourself as fundamentally worse or fundamentally better than anyone else."
--Kara van der Bijl

Wish I had been so wise when I was in my 20's...

Comments

Popular Posts