Birthdays and Mothers' Day...

The Ivan Likkel Family gathers monthly on the second Sunday of the month to celebrate family birthdays, and make an effort to stay on top of what's going on in the family. In May, that means we meet on Mothers' Day.

This dear girl decided that the moms should not have to prepare the food, so she coordinated the kiddos to make contributions to take care of lunch.


Bless her!

...and especially because she's usually pretty busy trying to keep her charge under control.
It's a full-time job.

They came up with a delicious lunch...
and a little delight for dessert: chocolate peanut butter cakes, baked in jam jars, then topped with ice cream and melted dark chocolate.

We were all so very happy.


And we celebrated birthdays...
of which there are FOUR in May...

...so lots of presents.

And I just HAVE to show you what my mom made for me...



Isn't it pretty?


...a little more detail...

Mom has been creating a quilted piece for each of the girls this year. I just love the embroidery on these squares, and the vintage-y fabrics...goes perfectly with all my vintage finds.

And of course, something I will treasure forever!
Thanks Mom! 

With the sun shining, it was a very pleasant lunch time, and a very relaxing one for the moms.

Love those grown-up kids!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kuddos, Caitlin...very good job!!!! You get the daughter of the year award! And I'm pretty sure I have to steal that gorgeous quilt. Since I don't have a Mom, maybe she'll adopt me! :)
Olive said…
Gram, could you please put more flattering pictures of Girl instead of ones where she looks like she is almost asleep. Thanks, Olive
Les Hon said…
I'll try, Olive, but you know she sleeps a lot...I think it has something to do with you...

Popular Posts