I acheth...

...but in a good way. My aches and pains today are a badge of honor for all that was accomplished yesterday. I spent the entire day working in the yard, and I was especially proud of myself for the attitude I maintained.

Usually, I start out feeling like "THERE IS SOOOOO MUCH TO DO!!HOW WILL I GET IT ALL DONE TODAY BECAUSE I SURE DON'T WANT TO SUBJECT MYSELF TO THIS HARD WORK ANY LONGER THAN I MUST! HURRY! HURRY!"

It's a joyful way to work, I tell you.

No -- this time, I intentionally took my time, enjoyed the process, and pretty accurately presumed how much I would be able to accomplish...And then I was happy with it.

You know, work isn't so bad when you just do it, and don't torture yourself that you are way behind the whole time you are working...when you don't presume that you will be able to do a week's worth in one day and then are disappointed when that doesn't happen.

I could have used this knowledge about 40 years ago...and every day since. And I'm pretty sure someone tried to teach me that back then....Classic "too soon old, too late smart" situation.

Anyway, I got all the flowerbeds around the house tidied up, and planted too. I hauled out some of the deck furniture in hopes of an accurate forecast of warm weather for the weekend. It hasn't happened yet...but I'm ready. I got many of my pots planted, and plunked some perennials in the ground under my trees -- not sure I will have success there, but each year I know more about what doesn't work...Hmmm, that's true about a lot of things...




Everything looks tidy with the promise of cheerful color and lush foliage to come...
I love that!

And today, with my aches and pains, I can sit on my cushy deck chair and gaze upon it...
as long as I take a blanket with me...Still waiting for that heat!

Comments

Tami said…
Very well done! It's amazing what a good attitude can do for chores.
The heat is coming and now you're all ready to enjoy the sunshine and a good book on the patio.
Nothing better. Enjoy!
Anonymous said…
I am thinking you could use a trip to Visser's Greenhouse INC to add to your pots, flower beds and also for some more perennials

Popular Posts